At this time both sessions are at maximum capacity.
If you wish to be put on a waiting list please email Coach Strojny at email@example.com.
Offered to boys and girls, the Strojny Basketball Shooting Academy is a week-long academy dedicated to teaching proper shooting mechanics and equipping every participant with the necessary drills, techniques, and information necessary to ensure they become efficient shooters from everywhere on the floor. From basic layups to advanced finishing moves at the rim; from free throws to pull up jump shots in the lane; from basic pump fakes to advance up and under, every aspect of shooting will be drilled, taught, and reinforced at Strojny Shooting Academy. The sole purpose of Strojny Basketball Shooting Academy is to teach players of every level how to become a better shooter. The following shooting concepts/principals will be covered at Strojny Basketball Shooting Academy:
1. Proper foot placement (balance)
2. 50/50 balance ratio
3. Shooting hand placement
4. Guide hand release (when and why)
5. Proper guide hand placement
6. Straight line lift
7. Proper shot path mechanics
8. Proper ball set
9. Proper release (up not out)
Shooting on the move:
1. Proper pull-up form right and left (one dribble and shoots).
2. Creating space with a jab step, shot fake, and pass (fake).
3. Reading the on-ball defender.
4. Power finishing moves to the rim (right and left).
5. Counter finishing moves to the rim (right and left).
Catching and shooting:
1. Proper balance (catching low and balanced).
2. One-second release reinforcement.
3. Loading your legs.
***All players are guaranteed a minimum of one thousand reps per day or your money back***
Location: Youngsville Sports Complex